Effective date: August 27, 2019
BookComet uses your data to improve and maintain the Website. By using our Website, you acknowledge the collection and use of information in compliance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
We process different information for various purposes to ensure and improve BookComet to you.
Personal Identifiable Information Data
During your visits of our Website, we may ask you to give us specific personally identifiable information that is usable to contact or identify you. PII may have, but is not limited to:
- Email address (Contact Form)
- First name and last name (Contact Form)
Non-PII (Personal Identifiable Information)
We use Google Analytics to see the insight of how user's find and use our website. The GA may process such information as your browser type, browser version, the time and date of your visit, geographical location, the time spent on the pages and Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address). Although GA collects this information it does not reveal PII to us.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which are sent to your browser from a Website and stored on your device. Tracing technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Reasons to Use Your Data and Consent to Transfer
BookComet uses the saved data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Website
- To alert you about changes to our Website
- To enable you to take part in interactive opportunities of our Website when you choose to do so
- To assure customer care and support
- To safeguard analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Website
- To monitor the usage of the Website
- To identify, stop and solve technical issues
- Transfer Of Data
This Website is managed in Latvia. If you are located outside the country, please be aware that any data that you provide us with will be transferred to Latvia. By using our Website and supplying us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Disclosure of Data
BookComet may disclose your PII if it is truly believed necessary to:
- To comply with law
- To secure and save the rights or property of BookComet
- To hinder or conduct investigation of possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website
- To guard the personal safety of users of the Website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- Security Of Data
Comment Box Under The Posts
The security of your data is very important to us, however it is not 100% secure.
Links to Other Sites
We do not hold a responsibility for the content, privacy policies of any third party sites or services.
According to the Latvia's Person Data Processing Law, Chapter VIII, Section 33, we are not allowed to collect PII from children that are under 13 years of age. So if you are a parent or a legal guardian and you know that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please immediately contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without confirmation of parental consent, we will immediately delete that information from our servers.
You may request to delete all your PII data at any time.